Thursday, January 22, 2015

If you've got it, use it.

 I grew up in a boneless, skinless chicken breast kind of household.  My husband grew up in Kentucky - home of the Colonel, the extra crispy, the biscuit, you get where I'm going here.

A compromise which I have only grown to actually enjoy over the past few years - the chicken thigh!  They're actually real good - and a happy medium between deep fried and bone dry.

We had a package of defrosted bone-in, skin ON chicken thighs in the fridge this am that I have been pondering what to do with.  The boneless, skinless thighs are much easier for me to handle.  Saute, bake, even pan fry.  No biggie.  But WITH the bone - that's a different beast entirely.  It's a home day.  Everyone has a cold, there aren't any must do errands, so I threw that chicken (peeled the skin off first) into the crock pot with:

a large shallot
the juice of two small limes



a few generous shakes of:
cumin
oregano
chili powder
paprika
onion powder
garlic powder
cinnamon

covered those suckers with beef broth (because that's what I have) and turned the heat on low.

It already smells sooooo good.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment