Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Lunch for two.



Lunch.  One of the main motivators for this challenge was the eliminating the convenience of "grabbing something quick on the road" for myself, for lunch.  

The last thing I want to do at lunch time is cook.  I don't even want to think.  I would really enjoy just sitting down and having delicious food placed in front of me.  So lunch feels like a daily struggle, what can I microwave or snack on that will feel enough like a meal that I can make it to dinner, but requires as little effort as humanely possible?  Enter photo above.

We had tacos for dinner on Sunday, and because it was Sunday, tacos were accompanied by cheesy Spanish rice, beans, fresh diced tomato and avocado. Luckily for me, no one in my house was interested in anything but the tacos so I have been enjoying this immensely satisfying leftover combo for lunch thus far this week.

Reed has even discovered a taste for beans (notice they are absent from the bowl save for the scrapes left behind from his little fork.). So delicious.  So easy.  And so frugal, one meal for four with two full lunches and then some of leftovers.  If only lunch was always this simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment