Thursday, April 9, 2015

Do you know about freezing bananas?

My children love fruit.  Until they don't.  As most children do, I'm sure.  They want bananas at the store, but don't want them at home.  Bananas turn brown, then they DEFINITELY don't want them.  So into the freezer they go, to become bread at a later date.

My children also love muffins.  Chocolate muffins.  As do I.  So today I went to make use of those freezer bananas and in the search for banana muffins came across a chocolate banana muffin recipe.  Genius!

I added ground flax seed and protein powder to beef up the recipe a bit and they turned out great!

Recipe here:

I used 3/4 cup of sugar instead of a full cup, and added one ounce of unsweetened organic protein powder and one tbsp of ground flax seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment